The Next Big Thing 2024
We are so proud of our inland city, so much so that we even named the gallery after it! We also love to share the best and brightest aspects of Toowoomba with anyone who is prepared to listen, hence the creation of our Art Prize: The Next Big Thing (TNBT).
Now about to head into its second year, TNBT has plans to be even more than before. Continuing its not so subtle play on our love for all that is shiny and new, TNBT is looking for artists whose stars are on the rise, to share with our art loving audience from near and far. We are also looking to share all the exciting developments in our fair city with potential visitors and residents as well as put a spotlight on the magic that is Toowoomba in Autumn.
And so, the search for The Next Big Thing in the art world begins right now...
What is it?
TNBT Art Prize is a non-acquisitive prize, open to emerging artists
- There is no limit on size, no specified medium and no price limit: Just do what you do best!
- Artists submit one piece in total for consideration by January 15, 2024.
- 25 finalists will be selected by an independent panel and announced February 2, 2024.
- Work is to be sent to the gallery to arrive by February 20
- TNBT winner will be announced at the Finalist Group Show on 1 March 2024
- All work from finalists will be available for sale from February 25 and subject to our standard Ts and Cs
What do I win?
First Prize (aka The Next Big Thing)
- $5000 cash
- Solo exhibition at TTG
- Up to six works at an Affordable art Fair with The Toowoomba Gallery
- 12 months representation in the gallery
Highly commended (up to five) - $500 each
How do I enter?
- You will need to submit up to three images of your chosen piece by January 15, 2024.
- You will also need to include a brief bio as well as up to 300 words describing the piece.
- Payment of $30 is to be deposited in our nominated account by COB on January 15, 2024. Please use your FULL NAME as reference.
The Toowoomba Gallery
Ac# 1121 0681
- Click on the link below to submit your entry.
- Entries due by 15/01/2024
- Finalists announced 02/02/2024
- Finalist works due to gallery for judging 20/02/2024
- Exhibition of finalists work and winners announced 01/03/2024
- All works in the Finalist Exhibition will be available for sale at the price nominated by the artist
- TTG standard ts and cs apply to all exhibited work (contact the gallery for details)
- TTG will facilitate all marketing and administration tasks related to the prize, including advertising for entries, web pages, inventory lists, event management, sourcing judges, artist management, exhibition costs and so on.