The Next Big Thing
Toowoomba is a city on the cusp of something great. The Next Big Thing you might even say. We know all too well how much a Toowoomba local loves The Next Big Thing; be it a restaurant, retail store, car, festival, sports team…the list is endless. It is with this concept in mind that we, The Toowoomba Gallery, have decided to launch our very own national art prize searching for just that; The Next Big Thing (TNBT).
This prize not only is aimed at attracting new talent to the gallery, but also to use the power of social media to turn the nation’s attention to our fabulous city.
We are well aware of all that Toowoomba has to offer with great schools, fabulous health services, beautiful parks, an abundance of sporting facilities and an incredible array of innovative and dynamic local businesses, not to mention four distinct seasons. However, we feel that much of the nation is yet to discover just how great this region actually is.
What is it?
TNBT Art Prize is a non-acquisitive prize, open to all to enter
- Artists may submit one piece in total for consideration.
- There is no limit on size, no specified medium and no price limit: Just do what you do best!
- 50 finalists will be selected by an independent panel.
- Selected works are to be sent to Toowoomba for final judging and an exhibition where the works will be available for sale.
What do I win?
First Prize (aka The Next Big Thing)
- $5000 cash
- Solo exhibition at TTG
- Up to ten works at the Affordable art Fair Melbourne 2023
- 12 months representation in the gallery
Artist in residence - option to be AIR in a local business (TBC)
Sponsor’s Choice - $1000
Highly commended (up to five) - $500 each
How do I enter?
- You will need to submit up to three images of your chosen piece by May 31.
- You will also need to include a brief bio as well as up to 300 words describing the piece.
- Payment of $30 is to be deposited in our nominated account by COB on May 31. Please use your FULL NAME as reference.
- The Toowoomba Gallery
Ac# 1121 0681
- Click on the link below to submit your entry.